The original name of the church was Grace Temple Church of God In Christ and was founded by the Late Honorable Pastor Ira Battle. In 1959 after moving to 6508 Lexington Avenue the church name was changed to Evangelist Temple.
In 1984 Evangelist Temple Church moved to 509 E. 105th Street and has been established in this location for over 25 years. The original building was a Lawson Delicatessen store.
In 1989 through the grace of God and the unity of the church we purchased the property at E 105th Street. In 1990 at the age of 80 Pastor Battle had a vision to enlarge the church and put a front on the existing building.
In 1995 our beloved Pastor Ira Battle went on to be with Lord, shortly after the name of the church was changed to Evangel Temple Holiness Church of Jesus Christ.
In the year 2000 the renovation of the church was completed, and the church is still pressing forward in the things of God.
The vision of Pastor Ira Battle, never passed with him, but it continued in the hearts of the people.
Our Current Pastor, Bishop Ronald & Lady Gloria Ferebee Sr. Continues leading this flock to the Glory of God into a perfect man through our Lord Jesus Christ